Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Paint Swatches

These are horrible pictures of the colors I'm thinking for the bedroom. I taped them up last night while Matt was trying to sleep.


Three walls (well, really six. Three outside the alcove and three inside the alcove) will be gray:

I think I like the last one, on the bottom, to the right. It's dark, but not too dark. Matt seems stuck on using very light, very subtle colors. I think he's afraid of running into trouble with the apartment. But, they said we could paint. Just, if we go too dark, we'll have to cover it with a coat of white first. And what I'd learned from my last apartment is that the light/dark rule doesn't necessarily apply to what will be easily covered by white. My orange kitchen needed only one coat to cover. My light blue bathroom needed two.

Then the alcove wall, both outside and in, will be a teal. I like the color smack in the middle, but Matt thinks an entire wall that color will come out looking very green. He likes the one in the bottom right hand corner. But I think it's too blue and too light. Maybe I need to visit Home Depot for more colors instead of just relying on Sherwin Williams.



3 comments:

  1. Hey, it is hard to read a blog while at work. I keep thinking someone is going to walk by and the fancy wallpaper background is going to catch their eye and they will ask "what is that?". I am not so sure how to answer - "it's called living with a boy". I can see the look on their face now! Anyway - nice to be able to take a look into your day! Good Luck! Dad.

    ReplyDelete
  2. we were very happy with benjamin moore stonington grey for our bedroom. good luck with the painting.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks! I'd already gone for Lowe's brand a couple days ago. How does gray feel in a bedroom?

    ReplyDelete