Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Misadventures

But first, the closet!




Isn't it just gorgeous? I love having such a large space to put my clothes. You'll notice that mine (the top rung) are in ROY G BIV order. The "non" colors are placed white, gray, black - you know, because white + black = gray? Whatever. As I was hanging my clothes I mentioned to Matt that my neurosis was never this apparent in a small closet.



So I joined a softball league here to have something to do that wasn't with Matt and so I could make new friends that also weren't just Matt. I don't know a single person on the team. I mean, I "know" one girl, as in, I met her all of ONCE and didn't talk to her at all beyond, "Nice to meet you" last Halloween. I really didn't even remember what she looked like - I mean, I remember she was dressed as Waldo. Or Walda. I don't know.



Anyway, I'm not used to driving in upstate New York. I'm used to my GPS telling me something's going to take me 15 minutes on Long Island and it actually taking 10. My GPS told me 15 minutes - no problem, right? WRONG. It took me 40 minutes to get there through the WORST parts of Albany, the school and the field was incredibly difficult to find, and I was extremely late for the game. Then, I'm made catcher. Fine. I used to be catcher when I played with Sterling. Except, I'm not great. And they made me wear a mask. I've never worn one before and couldn't see a gd thing. Well - the ump (who was this awful, awful old man) didn't like me at all. I let one ball tip my glove and it hit him in the arm. He cried for a while about it and asked the guys to not put me back there. Then I struck out. Then the awful old man called the game before he should have. So it took me 40 minutes to get there. I played for 45. Poorly. And I'm pretty sure this wasn't the greatest idea.



I stopped by the Discount Wine store on my way home. I had a meltdown just before I found the softball field so I thought I should feed that with some wine. I like it there. I have to tell you though, after all the misadventures and all the melting down - it felt really great to come home to OUR apartment and telling Matt all about it.

No comments:

Post a Comment