Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Pinterest

I was finally invited to join Pinterest. It's something I've been trying to get into ever since I saw it on Young House Love. I'll do anything Sherry does.

Anyway, I'm a huge Google Reader user and I'm constantly sharing items and starring items. However, I'm often starring things I want to read later and then also starring recipes and ideas for the apartment. My Starred Items list has become so unwieldy that I don't even look at it anymore, even though I continue to save posts for myself. I've got more than a few hundred items in there.

This is where Pinterest comes in and saves the day! I created a board for recipes, for apartment ideas, for books I want to read, for shoes that I might never have the money to buy but may keep my eye out for knock offs. It's amazing. This frees up my Google Reader starred items for posts that I want to come back. That which was once overwhelming is now underwhelming.

And I'm wasting... er... spending... so much time going through my old starred items to kick off my boards. It's GREAT. Matt came home last night from work sweaty and smelly and I basically attacked him with a demonstration of Pinterest and a look at all of my boards.

My Boards:
Recipes
Art I Love
Our Apartment
Crafts
Books Worth Reading

Also important to note that most of the books featured on Books Worth Reading will also be featured on my Reading. Writing. Publishing. A Blog. under the Book Sleuth tag.

No comments:

Post a Comment